How to find your Windows 7 Phone, Ring, Erase and lock your Handset… Remotely!
Here is a simple how to guide on finding your Windows Phone 7 handset, some time in your life it may happen, we hope it never does, but if you loose your phone you may want to find it, lock it or even wipe your handset before anyone else gets there hands on it.
This is the UK version but I imagine other country’s are the same in practice.
1. visit http://www.microsoft.com/windowsphone/en-GB/ – You may be asked to enter you Windows live ID (this must be the one which your phone is registered to) When using the service microsfot will ask you to confirm you want to use this and send a SMS to your phone to enable it, don’t worry if you do not get the text some handsets will not show it.
2. Click the my phone link
3. This will take you to an overview of you Windows Live Account connected to your Windows Phone 7, here you can see many features such as your;
- Skydrive Account
- Documents, Powerpoints, Excell etc..
- Last Location and time synced
- Xbox live
Click the “Find, ring, lock or erase your phone”
4. You are then greeted with overview page with the location of your phone displayed on Bing Maps when it was last synced, the option to refresh to find your current location and three options in red
We asked Windows Phone to call one of our phones, within 15 seconds the phone was buzzing and playing an alarm tone.
A must have for any Windows Phone 7 user. Being able to find, wipe and lock your phone is essential in a world where our digital data is as important as your passport, having control over your data if you loose your phone or falls into the wrong hands is priceless and I advise you to enable this feature by following the above.
What do you think of this feature, leave a comment below!