Thetrainline.com Windows Phone 7 app
I myself use the National Rail service allot in the UK, one thing that allways has been missing is a dedicated mobile phone app for buying, viewing and departute informatiom of tickets.
Now the National Rail do have a mobile site available and works well, but just does not give that Window Phone 7 Experience that we all know and love.
thetrainline.com is a reseller of train tickets in the UK, you can save up to 40% if you use the service and buy tickets in advance. My train journeys are used for when i need to get somewhere in a rush so the savings i don’t greatly benifit from.
The app works flawlessly and has more features than the Android Version.
- Access train times information from the official national rail timetable (updated throughout the day).
- See recent and save favourite journeys making it easy to re-use common journeys and stations.
- See nearby stations in a list or on a map using your phone’s location services.
- View station information including ticket collection kiosk locations.
- View your ‘next train home’. The app finds the nearest station to your current location and lists departure times of the next trains to your home station.
- Buy right up until 10 minutes before boarding the train and collect from over 1000 stations.
- Create an account and book the same range of train tickets as on thetrainline.com website.
- Save your preferred payment card making it simple to buy train tickets without having to hunt out your card details.
- View ticket collection reference for tickets you’ve bought – regardless of whether you have a signal.