I posted a few weeks ago the news of the BBC not wanting to develop an iPlayer app as the formats that WP7 uses is not what they use to stream media, well this Top Gear app could change the future in terms of other big developers coming to the platform.
on to the app
If you are a petrol head, arround the world you will know of Top Gear and the fantastic series. The app covers all the basics you would expect, videos, news, behind the scenes. The all follows the famous metro style which seems the “norm” in development. An all round fantastic experiance and worth a download. The importance of this app to me is the BBC have developed for the platform and should stear some other big things our way.
First publication on the WordPress app!
Well now this has been is speculation for awhile and I was always under the influence that Microsfot would not follow in Androids footsteps in regards to updates, but would take a more iOS approach. It appears that all current WP7 Devices are going to receive the Apollo update.
This tweet from a well know blogger @msnerd
Waggener Edstrom person says MSFT has Windows 8 (for x86), Windows RT (for next-gen ARM), & Windows Phone 8 (for current-gen phones).
For me this really pushes home that Microsoft will support old and new divices, apart from hardware specfics such as NFC etc…
Well some good news has appeared today, seems like Microsoft is willing to listen to “user demands” and flash is getting another look, it seems that from reports from Microsoft they are going to integrate flash into internet explorer. The big question is when and it looks like Windows Phone 8.
The whole issue stems back from ARM chips not running flash on the Windows 8, since HTML5 is way off taking flash from the internet, it seems its better to still have flash support than not at all!
Source: Microsoft news
Talkbox is a popular app on iOS and Android for messaging, its similar to other services but with the added extra of voice clips, other features that may entice you into this app:
- Push to talk – The signature PTT feature arrives Windows Phone. No more typing hassle; no more uploading and downloading voice notes. TalkBox saves your time.
- Group Chat – TalkBox is now bringing the collaborative experience to Windows Phone users. Experience the power group chat to engage up to 9 people in a single conversation.
- Geo-location and photo sharing – Want to share your current location with your friends when you are heading to a party or to share a snapshot after party? Now you can do it easily through TalkBox!
- Text Integration – What if I can’t talk at the moment? You can easily switch to text mode by 1 click and connect with your friend quietly.
- Mark as favorite – In Windows Phone, you can mark any important TalkBox message as favorite by 1 click so you will be able to view the important messages faster.
- Customized Live Tile – The customized TalkBox Live Tile allows users to preview any unread messages and contact information without launching the app. It is real live and instant.
- Change layout color – You might have seen different Windows Phone handsets displaying different colored tiles. For instance, TalkBox comes with 12 theme colors that you can use to match with your phone background.
The problem with these types of apps is, uniformity. Its a great app if your friends are using it or the people who you speak to on a daily basis, we would say its got a good chance of this as its popular on iOS and Android, but then again so was KIK for a short time. The layout of the app is so metro and really just feels like its apart of Windows Phone than just an app.
Download it and give it ago now!
The big news recently about Skype recently was that it was going to be able to run on 256mb phones, aka the ones that run “Tango” which as the moment is the Lumia 610. Nokia have stepped in was press statment saying that they are removing the app from their 256mb line up of handsets as the user experience is not upto scratch with their standards
“Nokia values the user experience provided by its products and services. Therefore, although the Skype Windows Phone version is workable on Nokia Lumia 610, after in-depth testing, we found that the user experience is not up to par with Nokia and Skype’s expectation and decided not recommending users using Skype on Nokia Lumia 610. In the future, users of Nokia Lumia 610 would no longer be able to download Skype Windows Phone version from Window Phone Marketplace. However, Skype Windows Phone version would still be available for other users.”
I am sure it wont be long until Microsoft step in and change all of this!
Nokia are commited to the Windows Phone platform, seems that they are currently working on some “Panorma” like app which will integrate into the lumia line of handsets. The really nice thing about the app is that it seems to to do some really nice affects such as mart Group Shot, Action Shot (burst mode with about eight shots), Panoramic (stitching together five consecutive images) and the timer Self-timer but all work in real time so you can see the pictures final result before its taken!
Check out the videos below:
We recently annouced that a UK website “CLOVE” would be getting the ever so shiny and new, Nokia Lumia 610 in stock, well we just found out they have it and are selling if for a generous price of £180 SIM Free
Stock is available so if you want to grab a 610 with the new Tango Refresh while stocks last head over here, to the CLOVE UK page.
(If anyone would like to do me a review for my site and be paid for it please contact me on twitter or email me @email@example.com)
Source: WP Central